Wednesday, October 5, 2011

First Thoughts

As with all things, except God, there is a beginning...so this is the beginning of an adventure for me, and for those who wish to join me, I pray that this will be an adventure for you also.


My brother and one of my sisters said something that put a little idea in my head a while back, but I didn't really know what to do with it until now.  They told me that I had a gift for encouragement and specifically for written encouragement.  Strangely enough, in my heart I know that they may be on to something, so this is my journey to find out if that small voice that will not go away is true.


We live in a world that is eons old, and nothing is really new...especially not people and the trials that we all struggle with daily.  Yet our history is abundant with people who found ways, often innovative ways, to help each other along the way - without judgment and with selflessness.  My prayer is that God will find a way for me to help others with both of those attributes.


Therefore, the purpose of this blog is to find ways to offer encouragement to your heart or to someone that you love or who you know may be hurt or struggling.  The hurts of our heart can be many and varied, so please feel free to post them here, for yourselves or for others.  My challenge will be to perhaps offer some words of encouragement that may speak, God willing, to    you whatever burden you are carrying.  My promise is to keep all in confidence, and seek His Light prior to and during my writing - as the physician's creed goes, so goes mine: "Do no Harm".


Thanks for being here.


Steve 



No comments:

Post a Comment